Manage episode 301931781 series 2816381
Mike Pfefferkorn has spent over 30 years in the sports and entertainment industry. He has served as a sports agent, talk show host, and NCAA consultant, while additionally co-authoring 7 books for Major League Baseball. He has completed Ultra races and has served for 10 years as the race director for Indiana Trail 100 and Glacial Esker 40.
- 2:55 Rule changes after signing a contract.
- 6:48 Everyone got hurt, yet no one cracked the code.
- 9:17 17 months as a long-hauler and taking a step back.
- 12:51 Finishing 100-miles for the first time.
- 14:50 Going faster vs. farther.
- 16:36 Lessons from nine knee surgeries.
- 20:30 Opt for something less.
- 21:51 Why people don’t cross the finish line.
- 24:00 Navigating the bad patch: Now what?
- 28:45 How to not overrun the race.
- 32:27 Avoid an enabling crew.
- 36:44 The story that stands out.
- 41:05 Where to find a different perspective on humanity.
- 42:32 Ultra running as a team sport.
- 46:40 “It’s more than just the runners.”
Download The Best Mental Toughness Quotes That Will Make You BETTER
TEXT DRROBBELL to 33444
If you enjoyed this episode on Mental Toughness, please subscribe and leave a review!
Dr. Rob Bell