Manage episode 335122833 series 2680657
If capitalism is so great, why aren’t we working less? We discuss the potential for the GDP to finally do something for us, plus simplifying “sovereign cloud” and the potential of containers with their own jurisdiction. Also, thoughts on PowerPoint filenames.
- Also true, Less Money, Mo Problems
- Should have just been titled “Mo’ Problems.”
- Pancakes in Australia
- Australian names for pancakes: jackies, thin roundies, carbo-jacks, Yankee Breakfast Discs, flappies/flappos.
- Rentie and Rentos - “I’m renting, so it’s terrible.”
- DJ .PPTX Final_V2
- I learned nothing about slide naming in college
- The Software Defined Fund
- Surfboard popped up and slapped my willies.
- Lean into it, or be leaned into.
- Sovereign cloud as a test of cloud differentiation
- Microsoft adding in more sovereign cloud stuff .
- There’s a stack of software you can move to different Datacenters globally, and you can bind compote and data to that region.
- How different are each of the clouds? Do they offer kind of the same things?
- Do they have patent fights over things to prevent each other from copying capabilities?
- Is differentiation in price and their management skills? Performance based on how they they spend on the hardware?
- TextExpander gets $41.4m funding round
- Marco Polo is no more, people gave up.
- Wut? Such confusion.
- Says they have 100,000 monthly users - what is the math there?
- TextExpander origin story .
- If we can’t work less, what’s the point of all this capitalism?
Relevant to your Interests
- Tau T2A is first Compute Engine VM to run on Arm | Google Cloud
- First Cyber Safety Review Board report finds Log4j has become an ‘endemic vulnerability’
- Matt Levine On What to Watch In Twitter vs. Elon Musk — Odd Lots
- Microsoft tapped to provide advertising on ad-supported Netflix tier
- Steering with a Madman in the Car
- Unity caught some dogfood poisoning
- IBM shares slide after company trims cash forecast
- Netflix loses nearly 1 million subscribers, and its stock soars
- Nutanix Objects Violates MinIO’s Open Source License
- Amazon and One Medical agree to acquisition of One Medical
- Google Launches Carbon, an Experimental Replacement for C++
- a16z is Moving to the Cloud
- The Cost of Cloud, a Trillion Dollar Paradox
- Microsoft is adding video stories to Teams to liven up the chat app
- Google, Oracle cloud servers suffer outage in UK heatwave
- Pringles Texas BBQ Sauce chips, review from two Texans
- Next level Excel
- Nerd Power Move
- America’s Love Affair With Iced Drinks
- Lawn Mowing Simulator will be free on the Epic Games Store next week
- THAT Conference Wisconsin , July 25, 2022
- Discount code: SDTFriendsWI50 for $50 off 4-Day everything ticket
- Discount code:: SDTFriendsWI25 for $25 off 3-Day Camper ticket
- DevOpsDayLA is happening at SCALE19x , July, 29th, 2022
- Discount code: DEVOP
- DevOpsDays DFW , August 24-25, 2022 -
- VMware Explore 2022, August 29 – September 1, 2022
- SpringOne Platform , SF, December 6–8, 2022
- THAT Conference Texas Call For Counselors Jan 16-19, 2023,
SDT news & hype
- Join us in Slack .
- Get a SDT Sticker! Send your postal address to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you free laptop stickers!
- Follow us on Twitch , Twitter , Instagram , LinkedIn and YouTube .
- Use the code SDT to get $20 off Coté’s book, Digital WTF , so $5 total.
- Become a sponsor of Software Defined Talk !