Superfund Taxes: The Cost of Cleaning Up the Environment
Manage episode 333817839 series 2286091
Nicholas Mowbray of BakerHostetler discusses the recently enacted Superfund excise taxes on chemicals and hazardous substances and some compliance concerns and uncertainty surrounding them.
For additional coverage, read these articles in Tax Notes:
- IRS Releases New Environmental Taxes Form as Superfund Kicks In
- IRS Issues Rules on Requesting Superfund Substance List Changes
- IRS Releases Rates for Superfund Chemical Excise Tax
- IRS Issues Lengthy List of Substances to Face Superfund Tax
In our “In the Pages” segment, Nikki Dobay, a partner with Eversheds Sutherland (US), chats about her Tax Notes piece, “Cross-Border State Legislative Tax Wars: Is This Just the Beginning?”
We want to hear from you, our listeners! To fill out a short, two-minute survey, visit taxnotes.co/podcastsurvey.
Follow us on Twitter:
- Nana Ama Sarfo: @nanaama_sarfo
- David Stewart: @TaxStew
- Tax Notes: @TaxNotes
This episode is sponsored by SafeSend. For more information, visit safesend.com.
For more information about the Tax Analysts Public Service Fellowship, visit our press release at taxnotes.com/fellowship.
Host: David D. Stewart
Executive Producers: Jasper B. Smith, Paige Jones
Showrunner and Audio Engineer: Jordan Parrish
Guest Relations: Alexis Hart