IRS in Flux: New Funding and New Commissioner
Manage episode 345486454 series 2286091
Former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson, now with Alliantgroup, discusses the need to identify the agency’s next leader and how the IRS should use its additional funding from the Inflation Reduction Act.
For additional coverage, read these articles in Tax Notes:
- TIGTA Tees Up Hot-Button Issues for Review in 2023
- Leaderless IRS Threatens Credibility Crisis in Key Months Ahead
- Republicans Voice Concerns to GAO on IRS Funding Oversight
- Former Officials: Success of IRS Funding Boost Is at ‘Serious Risk’
- Ex-IRS Official Predicts Rapid Benefits From IT Upgrades
- Senate GOP Frets Over ‘Largely Unbridled’ IRS Funding
Follow us on Twitter:
- Jonathan Curry: @jtcurry005
- David Stewart: @TaxStew
- Tax Notes: @TaxNotes
This episode is sponsored by 360 Coverage Pros. For more information, visit 360coveragepros.com/taxnotes.
This episode is sponsored by SafeSend. For more information, visit safesend.com.
This episode is sponsored by the University of California Irvine School of Law Graduate Tax Program. For more information, visit law.uci.edu/gradtax.
Host: David D. Stewart
Executive Producers: Jasper B. Smith, Paige Jones
Showrunner and Audio Engineer: Jordan Parrish
Guest Relations: Alexis Hart