$80 Billion in New Funding: What’s Next for the IRS?
Manage episode 340620374 series 2286091
Robert Kerr of Kerr Consulting LLC discusses how the $80 billion of additional funding for the IRS in the Inflation Reduction Act could be best used by the agency.
For additional coverage, read these articles in Tax Notes:
- Backlog Thwarted IRS’s ‘Well-Planned’ IT Modernization Strategy
- IRS Urged to Budget for Transparency
- Yellen to Promote New Tax Measures With Speaking Tour
- Tax Professionals See Little to Fear in IRS Hiring Blitz
- CBO: IRS Funding Won’t Generate Much From Taxpayers Under $400K
In our “Editors’ Corner” segment, Sarah-Jane Morin, a partner with Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, chats about her coauthored Tax Notes piece, “How the Definition of Digital Asset Brokers Was Brokered.”
We want to hear from you, our listeners! To fill out a short, two-minute survey, visit taxnotes.co/podcastsurvey.
Follow us on Twitter:
- Jonathan Curry: @jtcurry005
- David Stewart: @TaxStew
- Tax Notes: @TaxNotes
This episode is sponsored by Avalara. For more information, visit avalara.com/taxnotes.
This episode is sponsored by SafeSend. For more information, visit safesend.com.
Host: David D. Stewart
Executive Producers: Jasper B. Smith, Paige Jones
Showrunner and Audio Engineer: Jordan Parrish
Guest Relations: Alexis Hart