Show notes are at https://stevelitchfield.com/sshow/chat.html
Manage episode 278497220 series 2137619
โดย Jupiter Broadcasting และถูกค้นพบโดย Player FM และชุมชนของเรา -- ลิขสิทธิ์นี้เป็นของผู้เผยแพร่ ไม่ใช่ Player FM โดยมีการสตรีมเสียงโดยตรงจากเซิร์ฟเวอร์ผู้เผยแพร่ กดปุ่มติดตามเพื่อติดตามการอัพเดทใน Player FM หรือวาง URL ฟีดนี้ไปยังแอพพอดคาสท์อื่น
We have the coolest new retro tool of the year, that will turn you into a Linux powered spy.
Plus the changes coming to Fedora, and what GNOME is focusing on next year.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: Hundreds of courses, thousands of hands-on labs
- Rust Watch: Flash Animations Live Forever at the Internet Archive — Utilizing an in-development Flash emulator called Ruffle, we have added Flash support to the Internet Archive’s Emularity system, letting a subset of Flash items play in the browser as if you had a Flash plugin installed.
- Ruffle — Flash Player emulator written in the Rust programming language
- Ubuntu Web Remix Wants to Be a Chrome OS Alternative, Beta Available Now - 9to5Linux — Ubuntu Web Remix uses Mozilla’s Firefox web browser, offers support for Web apps, and you can also install regular Linux applications from Ubuntu’s software repositories.
- FydeOS beta brings Chromium OS to the PineBook Pro (Android app support too) - Liliputing — The developers say they plan to add support for more ARM-based systems in the future.
- We’re Building the Future of GNOME — Our plans for 2021 are even more ambitious and involve sustaining our ongoing work while building up new initiatives and support for the growing GNOME project and community.
- GNOME Foundation Planning For More Initiatives In 2021 - Phoronix
- Fedora’s i3 team is working on an official Fedora Spin for Fedora 34 : Fedora
- i3 Kickstart files :: Fedora Docs Site
- Fedora 34 to Introduce KDE Plasma Spin for 64-bit ARM - debugpoint.com — The Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee (FESCo) approved the recent proposal to provide a Fedora 34 KDE Plasma Spin for 64-bit ARM (AArch64) architecture.
- Fedora 34 Might Try To Use PipeWire By Default To Replace PulseAudio/JACK - Phoronix — For a while now Fedora has offered PipeWire packages but not yet used by default when it comes to audio handling. A pending change proposal for Fedora 34 would now route all audio through PipeWire rather than the existing JACK and PulseAudio.
- PulseAudio 14.0 Released With Better USB Gaming Headset Support — PulseAudio 14.0 comes with many changes compared to PulseAudio 13.0 that shipped all the way back in September of 2019.
- PulseAudio 14.0 Release Notes
- ASUS Offers First Motherboard Firmware Update Via LVFS+Fwupd For Linux Users - Phoronix — The ASUS P11C-C-4L is an EATX motherboard for the Intel Xeon E platform.
- fwupd 1.5.2 – Technical Blog of Richard Hughes — A plugin for the Pinebook Pro laptop has been added, although it needs further work from PINE64 before it will work correctly.
- Jasem’s Ekosphere: KStars v3.5.0 is Released — This release marks a significant milestone for KStars with the integration of StellarSolver, the Cross Platform Sextractor and Astrometry.net-Based Internal Astrometric Solver.
- Wave-share — Serverless, peer-to-peer, local file sharing through sound.
- Wave-share on GitHub — A proof-of-concept for WebRTC signaling using sound. Works with all devices that have microphone + speakers. Runs in the browser.
- Feedback: Eric’s Wonderful Workstation
- Feedback: Container Host Choices
- Feedback: Podify
- Pick: podify — Create podcasts from anything youtube-dl can handle.
- Pick: Dev Fonts
- Hear Audio From NASA's Perseverance As It Travels Through Deep Space | NASA — A microphone aboard NASA's Mars 2020 Perseverance rover has recorded the sounds of the spacecraft as it hurtles through interplanetary space.
- Perseverance Rover’s Interplanetary Sounds by NASA