Manage episode 274484319 series 1601405
We continue in our generational series with the Millennial Generation, born between 1980 and 2000 . As leaders how can we guide this generation in a church revitalization? Thom and Mark break down the generational tendencies and the challenges and opportunities ahead.
- Largest generation in U.S. history
- Largest non-Christian and unchurched generation
- Connects with church that have both a cause and the opportunity to be involved in that cause
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
- The Millennials: Connecting to America’s Largest Generation by Thom S. Rainer
- Leading Builders (Born before 1946) in a Church Revitalization
- Leading Boomers in a Church Revitalization
- Leading Gen X in a Church Revitalization
- Katie Davis
- Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption
- Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream by David Platt
- Mark Hallock, Calvary Church
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.