Manage episode 285838211 series 1601405
Thom and Kevin look at the fragile nature of churches in revitalization, and how disrupted unity can totally destroy revitalization momentum. Even better, though, they offer some concrete solutions to overcome disunity.
- Revitalizing churches are already fragile.
- Resources of time, energy, and emotions are diverted from the Great Commission.
- Most church battles are over minor issues.
- Engaging in disunity is contrary to God’s word.
- Disunity pushes away guests
Suggestions to overcome it:
- Focus on unity.
- Take a social media fast.
- Don’t engage in political battles.
- Pour your energy into the Great Commission.
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck
- Learn more about getting involved with the Great Commission at The North American Mission Board at https://www.namb.net/
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post Five Ways Disunity Is Destroying Revitalization and Replanting (And How to Overcome It) appeared first on Church Answers.