Manage episode 281297120 series 2795092
So, what exactly is a crime gun anyway? In this episode, host JJ chats with some members of the Brady crime gun initiative team on what everyone needs to know about crime guns, what a supply-side approach to ending gun violence is, and why gun dealers need to be involved in the conversation. Joining JJ is Josh Scharff, Erica Rice, Anneliese Dickman, and Steve Lindley of the Brady combating crime guns team, and Stephan Abrams of Team Enough; together, we break down statistics like why only 5% of gun dealers are responsible for 90% of recovered crime guns, yet how crime guns persist in the US.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- The coronavirus pandemic is raging. But so is another deadly public health crisis in Milwaukee: gun violence (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
- Combating Crime Guns (Brady)
- Combating Crime Guns: A Supply-Side Approach (Brady)
- Brady files suit against 'ghost gun' manufacturers (Fox)
- How criminals get guns (PBS)
- When Guns Are Sold Illegally, A.T.F. Is Lenient on Punishment (the Washington Post)
Full transcripts and bibliographies of this episode are available at bradyunited.org/podcast.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255.
Music provided by: David “Drumcrazie” Curby
Special thanks to Hogan Lovells for their long-standing legal support
℗&©2019 Red, Blue, and Brady
Support the show (https://www.bradyunited.org/donate)