Manage episode 232609717 series 2497799
You’ve heard the expression, your energy introduces you before you even speak. What energy do you give off? How do people feel when they are around you? When people walk away from meeting with you or talking with you, do they feel like they had an “experience” – a good one?
I want to share with you eight ways to make sure you are giving people an awesome experience when they encounter you:
- Connect with your inner positive vibes – meaning identifying your best qualities and project them to the world. The more positive energy you give off, the more positive energy you will receive.
- Display positive body language. 55% of communication is body language. Negative body language, such as crossing your arms, putting your hands in your pockets or slouching, can make you seem closed off or withdrawn. Make sure you are standing with your shoulders back, your arms are not crossed, and make you are making eye contact.
- Be aware of your color choices. Don’t underestimate the power of colors. The colors you wear make people feel a certain way. Certain colors say that you are friendly and engaging.
- You’ve seen the meme that says, if someone doesn’t have a smile, give them yours. This is so true. SMILING is kinda like yawning, it’s contagious.
- Do your words smile when you speak? Now, this is different from the previous one. You’ve heard the expression, it’s not what you say, but how you say it. When you say hello, does it sound like it took every ounce of energy to speak or does your hello say H E L L O it’s a beautiful day and I’m glad to see you?
- Give compliments. Yes, you want to make sure your compliments are genuine. I’m really good at this. If I like someone’s dress or tie or hairstyle or think they did an excellent job on something or see they really tried (even if they failed), and the list goes on, I make sure I compliment them.
- Stay in the moment. If you are like me, you can tell when someone is distracted, whether it be in person or on the phone. Not giving someone your FULL attention sends out a negative vibe, and honestly, it’s borderline disrespectful. It makes people less likely to want to engage with you.
- Practice daily gratitude. When you focus on the positives in your life, your energy and your vibe will be positive.
If you practice these on a regular, your energy will have the Wegmans’ effect.