Manage episode 285897174 series 2077222
Austin’s Homemade Ice Cream is a family-owned, homemade ice cream shop in Ceredo, West Virginia. Austin’s at The Market is their second location owned by Taylor Strickland and Tim Ruff, the grandchildren of Joyce Snyder, who ran the original Austin’s for 35 years. Austin’s originated in 1947, and Joyce took it over in 1983.
Taylor and Tim have ownership in the original location in Ceredo and help run it alongside their mother, Kim Adkins, and uncle, Kevin Snyder. Tim is the mastermind behind the ice cream, learning their grandmother’s techniques and continuing their family’s homemade ice cream recipes.
- 3:23 Taylor and Tim, take a minute, fill in some gaps from that brief intro and give us a little behind the curtain look into your company.
- 4:59 What is your 30 sec. pitch for your business?
- 6:28 What is the key to making great ice cream?
- 7:47 What are your most popular flavors?
- 9:01 Can you tell us more about the ice cream award you recently received?
- 11:56 What are you most excited about for your business right now?
- 13:19 Is the ice cream business seasonal? Are you open year round?
- 15:51 How many employees do you have?
- 16:16 Is it correct to assume that a majority of your employees are high school/ college age kids?
- 17:20 What has been your best business moment so far?
- 18:31 Is grape pineapple included in the dollar dip day?
- 18:50 What has been your worst business moment so far?
- 19:34 What’s one leadership lesson / take away that you’ve gained over the last 12 months?
- 20:39 PWV Commercial Break
- 21:12 What is the long term vision you have for your business?
- 24:10 Outside of Covid-19, what is one of the biggest challenges you face in business?
- 24:44 Have you thought of expanding your business into Monongalia County, WV?
- 25:31 What is one piece of advice that you’d give to young entrepreneurs looking to start their own business?
- 29:11 What is one thing that you do everyday that you think contributes to your success?
- 29:52 What is one book or podcast that you’d recommend for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- 30:59 Is there anything else you’d like our listeners to know about you, your story, or your business?
- 31:45 Do you have other siblings in the business as well?32:39 How can our listeners learn more about your business?
- 33:38 Outro
Book Recommendation: The Four Agreements : A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz