Manage episode 293827197 series 4499
Meagan is queer and married a cis man to fulfill family and societal expectations. She’s had mind-blowing sex with a new partner as is questioning her desire to stay in her marriage and be a wife. Meagan isn’t sure they can commit to the hierarchical poly their husband wants.
Download the episode directly
0:00 Introduction and host chat
- If you’re under 18, visit scarleteen.com
- Next episode will be from Hawaii
1:35 Lusty Guy’s Politics Corner
On the Palestine-Israeli conflict—it’s OK to admit you don’t know enough. Recommended reading, anyone?
3:40 Contact us
If you have questions, comments, or feedback call 802-505-POLY or email email@example.com and attach an MP3 file with your questions. To book us or anything that involves a calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
4:20 Topic: When do I call it quits on my marriage?
Meagan is queer and married a cis man to fulfill family and societal expectations. The past year (2019), her husband H and she moved to a new city and have been dating a lot. She’s had mind-blowing sex with a new partner as is questioning her desire to stay in her marriage and be a wife. Meagan isn’t sure they can commit to the hierarchical poly their husband wants.
- If you’re not sure who you are or what you want, focus on your most important relationship: the one you have with yourself. Take time to understand yourself, your needs, and your shame through counseling, journaling, meditation, or whatever method works for you.
- Uncharted territory can be seen as an opportunity.
- If you’re close to your mom, it’s likely that she will even accept your queerness and poly, in time.
14:10 Join the conversation
Yubi wrote in to object to our “date your species” advice and our reluctance to date poly newbies.
20:45 Happy poly moment
We hear from our old friend Greedy Paul about discovering a poly rideshare driver!
22:40 Thank you!
Thanks to new Poly Weekly Playmate Samuel!
Thanks to our Poly Weekly Playmates for your financial support! We also love when you review us on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcatcher (including Spotify!) and when you share us with your friends directly. Thanks also to Pacemaker Jane for letting us use their song Good Suspicions as our intro and outro music and to you for listening and sharing.