Manage episode 281323099 series 2394720
Worried and her roommate are seeing the same long-distance dom, and her roommate started dating him and then put restrictions on Worried's time with him. Should they move in together?0:00 Introduction and host chat
Lusty Guy provides insights on expertise: what is it, when do you have it, and what to do in its absence. To start increasing your expertise on U.S. politics, LG’s suggests reading Howard Zinn’s A People’s History of the United States.6:50 Topic: My dom’s girlfriend is domblocking me
Worried has a roommate, and they have both been playing with the same long-distance dom for two years. The roomie and the dom began dating, and the roomie began “putting restrictions” on the dom’s play with Worried. Worried thinks that the roomie is fabricating issues to enforce her girlfriend status. They are talking about moving in together.
- Don’t move in until this is resolved
- Why are you blaming the roommate instead of the person performing the unwanted actions, the dom?
- When you have a conversation with your roommate, go in seeking to understand and with vulnerability
- Claim your autonomy; it’s your choice whether to obey your roommate’s rules
- This smells like a relationship by crisis model in which whoever has the biggest crisis gets the most attention. So just ask your dom for what you want, regardless of crises. Ask for what you want!
- Are they a good roommate, outside of the dom issue? Can you easily share household chores or choose a restaurant for dinner?
- Put yourself first
Welcome to our listeners in the US, Canada, Germany, Australia, UK, Netherlands, Poland, and New Zealand. Shout out to that one person listening in Belize, Tunisia, Luxembourg, Ecuador, and Chile!19:15 Happy poly moment
- From S in Mexico on her family accepting her polyamory and her partner participating in her
- A COVID story from L!
Welcome to our new PW Playmates, Ivo, Erin, Laurel, Monica, and Nathanael. Thanks to all our PW Playmates! Also to Pacemaker Jane for letting us use their song Good Suspicions as our intro and outro music and to you for listening and sharing.23:00 Contact us
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Email email@example.com and attach an audio comment or call the listener comment line at 802-505-POLY. If you want us to teach a class at your event, want us to coach you, or want to appear on the podcast, email firstname.lastname@example.org.Join the conversation
To join the online conversation around this and other episodes, follow us on Twitter or Facebook. We love when you review us on Apple Podcasts or your favorite podcatcher (including Spotify!) and when you share us with your friends directly.