Manage episode 284737283 series 10881
Welcome to Mind Your Own Business, the podcast that helps photographers improve their business and their lives! Today we chat with photographer Riley Arthur about the challenges of journalism, building relationships and publishing tips. Get ready to be inspired!We discuss:
- How Riley got started in the industry
- The challenges of being a journalist today (physical distancing, health issues, the pandemic)
- The challenges of getting published
- How she built a relationship with National Geographic
- The importance of special projects, and why diners are a central focus for her
- Advice for photographers just starting out
- Check out Riley's new book on Amazon: "Phone Photography for Everybody: iPhone Photojournalism Techniques (Phone Photography for Everybody Series)"
Do you have an idea for a topic or want to hear from your favorite photographer or influencer in our industry? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, with the subject line MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS IDEA. Then write a brief description of your topic or idea. If you are recommending someone, please include their name, contact information and state if you would like to be a guest host.
Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to share this episode with your friends. You can also listen on iTunes; we’d love it if you could post a review!