Manage episode 302250814 series 100390
Needless to say, there has been a tremendous amount of turmoil and division in America over the past several years. This isn’t new in the history of the United States but it seems to me that we, as citizens, are more divided than we’ve ever been on a myriad of issues from foreign policy, to COVID restrictions and mandates, to gun legislation and healthcare, and everywhere in between.
And, my guest today has a lot to say about these issues and more. And, not ironically, I’m sure people will be very divided on this conversation as well. His name is Representative Dan Crenshaw, a former Navy SEAL and Representative for the state of Texas. Today, we discuss the new COVID measures announced by President Biden last week, foreign affairs and the threat of terrorism (including everything happening in Afghanistan right now), why our emotional responses to these issues are getting us into trouble and putting us in danger, and why we all need to be more informed rather than ignorant on the most pressing issues of today.
- Discussing the government response to COVID
- Balancing being empathetic with being rational
- Why get into politics and how does it change people
- Thoughts on leaving Afghanistan - what is an acceptable cost?
- Most people have not known war for 20 years, they have known peace
- Biden got lucky that the Taliban took over so quickly
- The proper way to look at healthcare
- We need more confidence in our arguments
Want maximum health, wealth, relationships, and abundance in your life? Sign up for our free course, 30 Days to Battle Ready
Download the NEW Order of Man Twelve-Week Battle Planner App and maximize your week.