Weekly Roundup 06/09/23 (SEC v Coinbase and Binance, Market Structure bill, the curious case of Prometheum) (EP.430)
Manage episode 365696944 series 2550834
Matt and Nic return for another week of deals and news. In this episode:
- Token disclosure practices
- Matt tries pickleball
- Sequoia is breaking up into parts
- Will Chinese and American capital markets be severed?
- What’s in the proposed House market structure bill?
- Coinbase sues Coinbase and Binance
- How does the SEC think BUSD is a security?
- The SEC approves Prometheum as a crypto broker dealer
- Prometheum’s CCP ties
- Did Gensler solicit Binance to advice them before he ran the SEC?
- What’s going on with Prime Trust?
- Tommy Tuberville in the WSJ, Crypto communism has a new meaning
- Coin Metrics STATE OF THE NETWORK - Token Unlocks & Free Float Supply Shocks in Digital Asset Markets
- In this issue of Coin Metrics’ State of the Network, we analyze the impact of token unlocks and free float supply shocks through the lens of various unlock events to explore the behavior of participants under different market conditions