Manage episode 296708845 series 2484441
Jeanie Buss sits down with Jay Shetty to talk about believing in your own strength in an industry with more male leaders, how you can learn from your own mistakes and take the lead, and that gender doesn’t matter, it’s the people and the talent they have.
Jeanie Buss is the controlling owner and president of the Los Angeles Lakers. She is the daughter of Jerry Buss, a real estate investor who later owned the Lakers and other sports businesses. At age 19, she started in the family business as general manager of the Los Angeles Strings professional tennis team, and later became the owner of the Los Angeles Blades professional roller hockey team.
What We Discuss with Jeanie:
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:46 A memory that you have from being a young girl
- 06:22 Respect people no matter what their circumstance is
- 09:05 What are some of those leader's parallels that you're seeing in your journey?
- 12:59 Don’t let critics and outside detractors feed the outcome
- 15:33 You can’t sit by the sidelines when you see something is wrong
- 20:26 If there are people in our community that is suffering, what can we do?
- 23:44 When a big decision is to be made, everybody looks for a scapegoat
- 28:54 Overcoming your biggest personal challenge
- 33:07 Internal rituals for yourself to help stay calm in the chaos
- 36:22 Gender doesn’t matter, it’s the talent that matters
- 42:28 What can you learn from LeBron James?
- 44:44 The best memories shared with Kobe Bryant
- 50:50 Jeanie on Fast Five
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.