Manage episode 286345675 series 2659238
In this special episode of the newline podcast, Nate is interviewed by Matt Harrison, founder of Metasnake, and author of his own course Effective Book Authoring.
Over the hour, Matt interviews me asking about programming book authoring - how to plan it, how to write it, how market it when you're done.
I share my best advice for organizing the process, building your audience, and how to enjoy it along the way.
If you're interested in writing a programming book or course, then this episode is for you. Writing a programming course isn't easy. But I've done it enough times now, that hopefully the tips inside will be helpful to you.
In this episode we cover:
- What was your process like to make a course?
- How does promotion work when creating a programming course?
- What tools did you use to write your book?
- What promotions did you do for your book?
- What advice would you give to yourself before writing your book?
- How much money have you made? <$1,000? $1K-10K? $10-30K?, $30K+? (Answer is much, much higher)
- The promise you make when creating a programming course
- What advice do you have for someone who wants to make money with a course?
- What is The Bump and what does it mean for marketing your course?
- Practical tips - and a process - for writing a programming course
Let's dive in.