Manage episode 300009344 series 1749831
In this episode of Negotiations Ninja, I chat with Jean-Nicolas Reyt—assistant professor of organizational behavior at McGill University—about the challenges students face when negotiating job offers when they leave universities. We also talk about why young people are hesitant to negotiate and what parents and educators can do to change that. Young people need to learn how to advocate for themselves to succeed in their future. This episode is full of spectacular advice—don’t miss it.
Outline of This Episode
- [1:30] Learn more about Jean Reyt
- [2:14] Why are young people hesitant to negotiate?
- [4:48] The transformation to assertiveness
- [7:28] Why don’t schools teach these critical life skills?
- [16:30] The end result of negotiating is always better
- [19:33] Why you must negotiate before you sign the contract
- [22:59] How to approach difficult conversations
- [27:25] How to connect with Jean-Nicolas Reyt
Resources & People Mentioned
Connect with Jean-Nicolas Reyt
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod