Manage episode 274778068 series 1749831
The use of data has been the biggest source of growth in companies and has become the biggest source of risk. When our data is compromised and held hostage, how do we get that data back? Are the negotiations similar to a “typical” hostage negotiation?
After 33 years with the Canadian Federal Police in the area of kidnaps and extortions, Cal Chrustie retired from the police force and transitioned to InterVentis global. He now works with a group of negotiators from around the world to provide education, consulting, and coaching on cyber terror incidents. In this episode of Negotiations Ninja, Cal shares what the cyber terrorism negotiation process looks like. Don’t miss it!Outline of This Episode
- [1:43] Cal’s background in negotiation
- [3:49] Cyber negotiation and hostage negotiation
- [7:50] The nature of risk in these negotiations
- [11:30] Where Cal is seeing increases in cyber attacks
- [15:24] The rise of intelligent and educated criminals
- [25:20] Do attackers focus on one industry?
- [26:29] Planning and preparing for a cyber negotiation
- [33:36] How to connect with Cal Chrustie
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod