Negotiation in Real Life - Episode 18 - Ashley Shield, Executive Director, DeJonge Read - Negotiating in financial distress
Manage episode 338636026 series 3282562
In this episode of Negotiation in Real Life we talk with Ashley Shield. Ashley is an Executive Director at DeJonge Read. He is a professional business advisor providing strategic planning that assists individuals and corporations who are experiencing financial difficulties. Ashley is a specialist in dealing with banks and receivers and court appointed liquidators and providing legal ways to restructure and deal with the burden of unmanageable financial commitments.
Having been the principle of his own accountancy firm Ashley has a strong background in taxation and business services accounting. He also has a passion for assisting company directors through the insolvency framework.
In our conversation we talk about:
- dealing with property shortfalls in a changing market
- negotiating to avoid bankruptcy
- the importance of building a reputation for honesty
- the benefits and risks of using of a third party to add credibility
- the protective nature of bankruptcy
- managing the personal issues in a business dispute
- the importance of allowing time for people to get their stories out
- helping your team develop their negotiation skills
- the importance of body language in negotiation
... and much more.
Connect with Ashley Shield
Connect with Nicole
Connect on LinkedIn
Connect on Facebook
Follow on twitter: @NDNegotiation
If you have an interesting negotiation story and would like to be a guest on the show, please complete an Expression of Interest and we'll be in touch!
If you took value from this episode and would like to express your appreciation feel free to buy me a coffee!--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/nicole-davidson0/message