Manage episode 330719157 series 3358961
I am a dance mom and I love it. As we head into dance competition season I am going to share a few of the tips and strategies I have learned along the way to hopefully help you enjoy the process. Here are a few of the things I have learned:
1. You will not know how to do the hair and make-up and that is ok. Ask for help!
2. They wear that much make-up for the performance. Dance is a performance.
3. Costume changes are stressful so be organized ahead of time.
4. Bring some big socks and wear a zip-up or button-up shirt.
5. You are not going on stage mom so settle down. Let the kids have the butterflies and nerves and you help them manage those emotions. You can set the tone and the mood for a great weekend. Talk about this with your kid before the heat of the moment and hopefully avoid any meltdowns and nasty eye rolls.