Manage episode 294570949 series 2878099
In this episode, Victoria Wieck shares how she built her multimillion-dollar, globally recognized brand. In other words, she explains what it took to start a business with no money, sustain it, then grow it. Victoria’s actionable tips on achieving Success Mindset are:
1) Be curious – curiosity leads to new perspective and new solutions to problems. The common thread between some of the most gifted people, i.e. Mozart, Steve Jobs, Elon Musk, Einstein, Leonardo DaVinci, Mother Theresa was curiosity.
2) Never give up – commitment and perseverance is an absolute necessity for success. One of Victoria’s favorite quotes on this topic is by a former Prime Minister the United Kingdom, Winston Churchill, “Failure is not fatal and success is not final.”
3) Embrace your failures – there could be no success without many failures.
4) Surround yourself with successful people
5) Let go – let go of things, people, systems, or methods that no longer serve you.
6) Stay positive
Victoria Wieck is the epitome of the rags to riches American dream story. She immigrated from South Korea to America with her parents with only thirty dollars and has built a multi-million dollar business with over $500 million in retail sales. After a series of corporate jobs, Victoria started her own company in 1989 on a shoestring budget to spend more time with her family. She has founded several other successful businesses since then. She’s worked with a wide variety of retailers world-wide ranging from major department stores to duty free stores, as well as internet and TV retailers.
For the past 22 years (19 years on HSN, and 3 years on Shop HQ), Victoria has been sharing her jewelry designs with millions of viewers during her own monthly shows. She has built her highly successful business following her passion for jewelry, without sacrificing her family life. Throughout her career, she’s had to invent ways to have her products consistently outperform her competition and thrive.
Victoria is also the author of the science fiction novel, Shattered Sky, scheduled to be released in 2021. She completed a B.S. degree in Economics from UCLA, and an MBA with emphasis in Marketing and Finance from USC.
Victoria can be reached at:
Facebook: Victoria Wieck
Podcast: Million Dollar Hobbies