The Michigan Man Podcast is produced for die hard Wolverine fans. The show will include weekly interviews with Michigan Bloggers and other special guests. The center piece of the show will be fan feedback. We want fans to phone in audio posts, and email their comments, rants...whatever is on their mind regarding Michigan athletics. The Podcast format will evolve in the coming months. Initially we will have four segments. 1) The View from section 17 - Commentary from host Mike Fitzpatrick 2) ...
Manage episode 320648999 series 3018230
โดย MGoBlog และถูกค้นพบโดย Player FM และชุมชนของเรา -- ลิขสิทธิ์นี้เป็นของผู้เผยแพร่ ไม่ใช่ Player FM โดยมีการสตรีมเสียงโดยตรงจากเซิร์ฟเวอร์ผู้เผยแพร่ กดปุ่มติดตามเพื่อติดตามการอัพเดทใน Player FM หรือวาง URL ฟีดนี้ไปยังแอพพอดคาสท์อื่น
- Harbaugh’s contract: Waiting to see the details. If it’s a big buyout the NFL dalliance is over.
And after we recorded the details dropped.
- Was it the end? Probably only because the NFL passed. Oakland, Miami, New York, Chicago were this cycle, Detroit was last year, his guy at Jacksonville just came to Michigan…short of Indianapolis or something happening to his brother that’s every franchise Harbaugh’s affiliated with.
- Who’s going to be quarterback next year? There will be a battle all offseason to keep both, but we are hoping it’s McCarthy because that means he’s gotten better than the starting QB of the Big Ten champions. Ratio changes, but into the season (which has a very gentle ramp-up) both guys will play.
- NIL: States amending/repealing legislation? They were being reactive, especially Ohio/Alabama who tried to maintain the status quo as long as they could. States with no laws (e.g. Texas) are in the best shape now, but that wasn’t the reality before the NCAA waived their hands. Not reacting to the laws; they’re reacting to the recruiting.
- How much money is actually going around? More than there was before.
- Hoops: Michigan got great shots in both games, they didn’t go in vs OSU. Craig: was there an officiating disparity? Yes.
- Michigan’s so hot and cold that they are going to drop more games than they should. Favored in 4/7 but only by a little bit.
- NBA decisions? Dickinson isn’t on draft boards: need to show him there’s enough NIL money to change his math. Diabate: Probably gone, because an NBA team will want to develop his talent and he can’t NIL being an international player, even though he’s the perfect example of a guy who can increase his draft stock immensely by staying in school. Houstan: doesn’t have much choice because he isn’t an NBA player at this point.
- Hockey: Minnesota survived without their Olympians, Michigan has their work cut out to keep up because OSU and ND are tough series to finish and they have a 2-point cushion. MSU is so bad.