Manage episode 311226619 series 1437854
What do you do when prayer is not helping your depression but actually making it worse?
For author and speaker Abraham Sculley, answering this question and finding lasting freedom from his mental illness meant rethinking and challenging a lot of the ideas he grew up believing. But this son of Jamaican immigrants knows how to persevere.
Join us as we explore Abraham’s transformation into the person he is today — a mental health advocate with a special passion for showing how accessing mental health care doesn’t mean going against your faith.
Also, be sure to check out Abraham’s book and podcast! Links are in the resources list below.
Mental Note Podcast is brought to you by Pathlight Mood and Anxiety Center. If you’d like to talk to a trained therapist or learn more about their specialty track for OCD, depression and trauma, please call them at (877) 850-7199.
- Our Website: www.mentalnotepodcast.com
- Pathlight Mood and Anxiety Center: www.pathlightbh.com
- Abraham Sculley’s Website: www.abrahamsculley.com
- Abraham’s Book: Unlearn The Lies: A Guide to Reshaping the Way We Think about Depression - Purchase Here
- Abraham’s Podcast: Unlearn The Lies Podcast - Listen Here