Audio interviews with industry leaders and senior faculty with exclusive insights on current topics brought to you by Knowledge@Wharton and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Manage episode 305427929 series 1615100
โดย The Media Captain และถูกค้นพบโดย Player FM และชุมชนของเรา -- ลิขสิทธิ์นี้เป็นของผู้เผยแพร่ ไม่ใช่ Player FM โดยมีการสตรีมเสียงโดยตรงจากเซิร์ฟเวอร์ผู้เผยแพร่ กดปุ่มติดตามเพื่อติดตามการอัพเดทใน Player FM หรือวาง URL ฟีดนี้ไปยังแอพพอดคาสท์อื่น
Below are the 11 marketing items of the week that Jason covers in detail. You can read the entire email blast for the week HERE.
- Saks Fifth Avenue spun off their rapidly growing eCommerce division. In doing so, the company tripled its valuation at nearly $6 billion. Will this prompt a spinoff for Macy's? Activist investors are hoping the answer is yes.
- Spanx was acquired this past week for a reported $1.2 billion. Jason Parks talks about the amazing gesture the Founder, Sara Blakely, did for employees after the announcement.
- Mutts & Co. is a client of The Media Captain. Learn how TMC helped this eCommerce brand increase revenue by 143%.
- Snapchat’s stock fell nearly 25% after the company warned of slowing growth due to the recent changes in Apple’s iOS. Jason talks about the negative impact Apple's iOS 14 update is having on technology stocks.
- Interbrand revealed the Top 100 Most Valuable Brands. Jason walks through the 10 most valuable.
- There are rumors that Facebook is planning to rebrand the company with a new name. Jason discusses whether or not this is a good idea.
- I love looking at websites from the past to see how far the digital world has progressed. Jason does an analysis of the NHL's website from 1998 and how it compares to sites nowadays.
- Getting mentioned in the right media publications can increase your brand’s credibility and visibility. Jason discusses the importance of strong PR for your brand.
- From DermWarehouse's 1-year anniversary of purchasing warehouse space to speaking to Ohio State's Business School, Jason walks you through what happened over the past week.
- Media Captain recently got a positive review and Jason walks through this and talks about the importance of positive reinforcement.
- Text-to-Speech plugins are something you should consider implementing on your site, especially if you have a blog or article rich content.