Manage episode 269524499 series 1615100
In episode 40, we talked about driving traffic to your website. A lot of what we hit on was paid ads (Google/Bing and FB/Instagram). In Podcast Episode 41, we’re going to talk about how to make sure your advertising copy is great.
Jason and Stefanie discuss how important advertising copy is and how it's helped both of their companies, The Media Captain and DermWarehouse.
We first dive into the foundation of a Google PPC advertisement so you understand the structure:
- What does a Google advertisement look like?
- 3 headlines (30 characters each)
- 2 descriptions (90 characters each)
- Location Extension
- Call Extensions
- Deal Extensions
We then dive into understanding keyword relevance:
- You bid on keywords. Keywords trigger advertisements
- There needs to be a correlation between your keywords and your advertisements
- When you have good keywords that align with good ad copy, you improve your relevance score. A high relevance score will ultimately drop your average cost per click.
We discuss the importance of understanding your business and its customers:
- Understand and create great unique selling propositions
- Avoid fluff. You need to make your ad copy hard hitting
- Deals & Promotions: They Work
Facebook/Instagram Ads vs. PPC
- There is correlating media (photo/images) associated with Facebook and Instagram ads. In many instances, the media is equally as important than the ad copy. This is a key difference between social advertisements versus PPC advertisements. PPC ads rely strictly on verbiage.