Manage episode 291012021 series 2898812
In this special episode, learn about the alarming statistics revealing Schizophrenia as the second-highest risk factor in COVID-19 mortality rates, and discover what it’s like to live through a pandemic with a mental illness. In part one, host Faydra Aldridge is joined by a woman who witnessed how the stress and uncertainty of living in the time of COVID have exacerbated her brother's mental illness. And in part two, we interview Dr. Katlyn Nemani, NYU Langone neuropsychiatrist and lead author of the study that identified concrete connections between COVID-19 and people with schizophrenia in New York City.
- Psychiatric Disorders Associated with Increased Mortality From COVID-19
- Mental Illness and COVID-19 Susceptibility in South Korea
- COVID-19 Prevalence and Mortality Among Schizophrenia Patients in Israel
- Premature Mortality Among Adults with Schizophrenia in the US
- Risk Factors for Pneumonia in Patients with Schizophrenia
- COVID-19 Mental Health Supports (Heretohelp)
- COVID-19 & Supporting Someone Living with Schizophrenia (BCSS)
- BCSS' Letter to Dr. Bonnie Henry re: COVID-19 Vaccine
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.