Ep. #282: Hoodoo with That Hoodoo Lady Sherry Shone
Manage episode 354296338 series 1254199
Sherry Shone (she/her) honors her Black, White, and First Native heritages using hoodoo work. She has two books on the subject and working on her first divination deck.
In this episode, Sherry and Eryn talk about:
- Sherry’s journey with spirituality and hoodoo
- Doing hoodoo before even understanding what she was doing
- Intention, faith, and direction
- The roots of hoodoo
- What sherry means when she says hoodoo is for everyone
- Healing lineage wounds and not arriving to other practices with no connection to your own
- Hoodoo for liberation
- Simple and effective magic
- How it can scare people around us when we’re changing and becoming more of ourselves
- Connecting with ancestors and shared ancestors
- Her relationship with the bible now
- Simple hoodoo spells
CW: brief mention of physical violence
Blog for this episode: www.living-open.com/blog/that-hoodoo-lady
Check out the Religious Trauma workbook, a 110-page digital workbook full of prompts, reflections, meditations, rituals, and somatic exercises to support folks on a journey of deprogramming and healing from dogmatic religious backgrounds.
Subscribe to the Joy Notes substack for upcoming writings like: TELLING THE STORY THAT WANTS TO BE TOLD, I’LL NEVER WRITE SOMETHING AS GOOD AS MELISSA FEBOS AND THAT’S OKAY, BOOKS I LOVE, GETTING INTO YOUR BODY WHEN YOUR BODY CAN FEEL LIKE A STRANGE OR UNKIND PLACE.
Connect with Sherry on her website and Instagram. Get a copy of Hoodoo for Everyone.