Manage episode 297512678 series 2917737
Have you looked up at the 🌠 sky in the early morning or after sunset? Do so soon!
Beyond Earth, we have congestion in space in near-Earth orbit. Dr. Moriba Jah speaks to his research and mission to an open, 👁️ transparent, crowdsourced space traffic and environment monitoring and awareness system. He makes a call to action for #spaceSustainability. You, too, can step up as a #spaceHero.
Why is this important for YOU to know?
Space Collisions Millions of small metal objects orbiting the 🌎 Earth-like:
- There are 26k+ 🛰️ satellites
- 23,0000 orbital 🌌 debris larger than iPad
- 8,000 metric tons of space debris in our near 🌠space
What Intrigued Me?
- The lack of space situational Awareness around the complicated issues of orbital carrying capacity, orbiting objects like mega-constellations of satellites, and debris in the near-earth space environment. Have you consider the risks to your life today.
What Inspired Me?
- The AstriaGraph tracking orbital objects evidencing the need for Space Traffic Management.
Check out the ASTRIAGraph
What Challenged Me?
- The Tragedy of the near 🌎 Earth Commons 🚩
YOU too can be a #SpaceHero.
Call to ACTION: Space Sustainability and Advocacy vs Space of Strategy of Hope
If orbital debris is a concern for you then supporting ‘Eyes on the Sky’ and challenging the Space Strategy of Hope regarding #spaceJunk and #orbitalDebris.
Why not contribute to a future where you will flourish!
About the Guest
Dr. Moriba Jah, a professor at the University of Texas, Austin's Department of Aerospace Engineering & Engineering Mechanics. He is a specialist in orbital mechanics. The creator of the AstriaGraph.
About the Show
Podcast Host: Life & Leadership: A Conscious Journey with Michelle St Jane
A podcast for Global and Re-Emerging Leadership creating community/tribe, a circle of influence, transcendency of compassionate leadership in the world and wider universe. A unique destination for learning about Leadership + Conscious Stewardship + Legacy.
Social Media Accounts
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/MstJane)