Manage episode 287787933 series 2851753
If you listened to the Barbados episode of my previous podcast, "The Bucket List", you probably heard my conversation with Visit Barbados' Marc McCollin.
We discussed how to get the best out of a visit to this beautiful paradise island, and that chat uncovered the reason for the incredible crystal blue sea.
I've been listening back to that episode myself, for reasons that I explain during the episode.
Hearing that mention of the unique island formation reminded me that I wanted to learn more about what lies beneath.
So this episode is all about exploring the ocean life, and covers all aspects including what lives down there, and how we can keep it down there, by applying sustainability practices.
I'm joined for a chat by marine biologist Nikola Simpson.
- Some interesting facts about the waters that surround the island of Barbados!
- What we can find under the sea?
- Interesting ways people engage with and experience some of these including the sea turtle project (linked below).
As well as exploring everything there is to know about the beautiful wet stuff in Barbados, I have updates on a brand new Netflix show that's being filmed here and a huge sound upgrade I'm making!
Thanks to West Riley Electronics for their help!
- UNDP Accelerator Lab Barbados & Eastern Caribbean: Accelerator Lab for Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean | UNDP in Barbados & the Eastern Caribbean @undp @acceleratorlabs
- Sargassum Outlook Bulletin
- Slow Fish Sustainable Seafood Guide: Resources | Slowfood (slowfoodbarbados.org) @slowfoodbarbados
- The Barbados Sea Turtle Project : The Barbados Sea Turtle Project (barbadosseaturtles.org) @barbadosseaturtle
By the way, sometimes the team quietly and secretly post bonus content that you'll only find out about if you're subscribed.
Did you manage to check out this one (all about weddings in Barbados) which we posted as a special Valentine's Day treat?
There was also this one which featured the full length chat with local surfing legend, Alan Burke.