Manage episode 288377221 series 2851753
For this episode I decided to take in the history and mystery of Barbados. I booked myself of a walking tour of Speightstown.
I was shown around by Carlos Goodman, one of Barbados’ most knowledgeable tour guides. During the tour he pointed out a lot of the sites that will be eventually making their way on to my instagram. If you can't wait, you can check out some of the wonderful photos on his Facebook page here.
- The significance of the Dutch influence on the island.
- Why if you go for a visit, you might want to head to Bristol.
It's not just the streets of Speightstown I toured in this episode though.
I also took in a tour of Coral Reef and Sandpiper to get an idea for what's on offer for you and other holiday loving listeners, if you decide you'd like my help with booking a trip out here on the paradise island.
If you do want to talk to me about anything you've heard covered on this Barbados podcast, you can book it right now, here.
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HSEBarbados/
- More info on Speightstown: https://barbados.org/spght.htm#.YFQvWxMza3I
- Speightstown Archaeology Research Project: https://speightstownarchaeology.wordpress.com/
By the way, sometimes the team quietly and secretly post bonus content that you'll only find out about if you're subscribed.
Did you manage to check out this one (all about weddings in Barbados) which we posted as a special Valentine's Day treat?
There was also this one which featured the full length chat with local surfing legend, Alan Burke.