Manage episode 300272030 series 2883809
Transforming Grief to Growth with Susan Angel Miller
“Through struggle with adversity, we all have the ability to gain wisdom and growth.”
As a parent, can you imagine losing your child? How would you navigate this unthinkable trauma?
In this episode, we talk with Susan Angel Miller, mother, wife and author of a powerful, touching memoir of grief and recovery -- after her seemingly healthy teenage daughter was diagnosed with brain cancer and died within 24 hours. Incredibly, just three years later, she herself was diagnosed with a brain tumor!
Dr. Amy Robbins calls Susan Angel Miller’s book, “Permission to Thrive, My Journey from Grief to Growth” powerful, moving and compelling, and a candid conversation about death, grief and recovery.
- Community helping in so many ways. “The community was everything.”
- There is no wrong way to support someone in grief.
- The family’s organ donation decision – and the silver lining of meeting the recipient whose life was saved.
- Every grief story is unique.
- Gratitude changed everything:seeing what you have as enough.
- Post traumatic growth – hopefulness, gratitude, enhanced spirituality, wisdom and deeper meaning.
Get Your Copy of Permission to Thrive:
You can learn more and purchase your copy at her website.
Follow Susan Angel Miller on:
Support Life, Death and the Space Between:
If you’re enjoying the podcast and finding value in guest interviews, ghost stories, and the content I share, please consider supporting the show by becoming a Patreon member for as little as $5 a month at Patreon.com/DrAmyRobbins
As a member you’ll get more say in the content we cover and exclusive access to behind-the-scenes goodness!