Manage episode 295102197 series 2561369
Interview with Jean Hsu, VP of Engineering at Range about structuring, scheduling and making your remote meetings productive. Learn from her stories about handling an avalanche of remote meetings, and what she's learned along the way about transforming these meetings and supporting her team.
In this interview we're covering:
- The optimal number of remote meetings daily
- Making remote meetings productive
- Structuring remote meetings
- Necessary extra meetings in a remote environment
- Tools to support remote meetings
- Meetings that don't work remotely
- Providing a flexibility of schedule in your company
Excerpt from the interview:
"This is my rule of thumb: remove status updates and announcements from meetings, and communicate them as asynchronous updates. You can use a tool like Loom for this. Leaders can record a short video message, and the employees can watch it at any time and leave comments.
Use async channels with anything that doesn’t require discussion, or where you can start out without a discussion.
Don’t rely too much on meetings; move everything you can to asynchronous updates. For example, it’s easier for me to reply to an email than it would be to find 15-30 minutes to discuss the same thing in a video call."