Manage episode 282981375 series 2805656
[✐2.Andante] Ask for permission
Note: English translations might sound occasionally unnatural as English, as I try to preserve the structure and essence of the original Japanese. I hope it also helps you to capture the pattern of the sentence structure.
“Can I have a coffee to go?”
Hello, everyone. You listen to the masu form, and then answer “te Form + mo iidesuka”
tabemasu → tabete moiidesuka??(can I eat?)
1. see/watch/look → is it alright to watch?
2. Sleep → Is it alright to sleep?
3. do → Is it alright to do?
4. come → Is it alright to come?
5. write → Is it alright to write?
6. wait → Is it alright to wait?
7. drink → Is it alright to drink?
8. borrow → Is it alright to borrow?
Repeat after me
1. May I have a look at the picture?
2. Can I sleep here a bit?
3. Look delicious! Can I eat?
4. Can I come again tomorrow?
5. Is it alright to write my date of birth later?
(seinengappi = date of birth)
6. Can I wait here?
7. Is it OK to drink alcohol?
8. May I speak in Japanese?
[YES, Off course, you can! ]
Become a patron: More episodes with full translation and Japanese transcripts. You’ll get access to the members-only podcast feed that you can subscribe to in your favourite app. Japanese Swotter on Patreon
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/join/japaneseswotter)