Manage episode 289943709 series 2860383
James and Ashley interview Luke Stegemann, author of 'Amnesia Road.' In it, they discuss the parallels between South-West Queensland and rural Andalusia's violent pasts, the ongoing ramifications of near-forgotten genocides, and little black dogs that portend death.
Books discussed in this episode:
- 'The Possessed' by Dostoevsky;
- 'Thus Bad Begins' by Javier Marias;
- 'A Heart So White' by Javier Marias;
- 'The Stranger' and short stories by Albert Camus;
- 'Far from the Tree' by Andrew Solomon;
- 'When We Dead Awaken' by James Robins
Get in touch!
Ashley's Website: ashleykalagianblunt.com
Ashley's Twitter: @AKalagianBlunt
James' Website: jamesmckenziewatson.com
James' Twitter: @JamesMcWatson