Nick Martin: Portfolio Manager, Polar Capital Global Insurance Strategy: Why a get rich slow approach works best when investing in insurance (194)
ซีรีส์ที่ถูกเก็บถาวร ("ฟีดที่ไม่ได้ใช้งาน" status)
When? This feed was archived on September 02, 2022 15:29 (). Last successful fetch was on July 31, 2022 20:04 ()
Why? ฟีดที่ไม่ได้ใช้งาน status. เซิร์ฟเวอร์ของเราไม่สามารถดึงฟีดพอดคาสท์ที่ใช้งานได้สักระยะหนึ่ง
What now? You might be able to find a more up-to-date version using the search function. This series will no longer be checked for updates. If you believe this to be in error, please check if the publisher's feed link below is valid and contact support to request the feed be restored or if you have any other concerns about this.
Manage episode 332006030 series 2362855
Matthew talks to Nick Martin, Portfolio Manager of the Polar Capital Global Insurance Strategy to learn about the characteristics of successful insurers - with a focus on established companies.
Talking points include:
- How leading insurers are using innovative technologies
- The significance of ESG, climate and cyber in both underwriting and investing
- Observations about the performance of insurtech companies that are trading on the public markets
- The power of compounding in investment and life in general
- Attracting talent into insurance
- Nick's personal view on the future of insurance and innovation
Polar Capital have asked us state that past performance is not a guide to or indicative of future results.
If you like what you're hearing, please leave us a review on whichever platform you use or contact Matthew Grant on LinkedIn.
Sign up to the InsTech newsletter for a fresh view on the world every Wednesday morning.
Continuing Professional Development - Learning Objectives
InsTech is accredited by The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). By listening to any InsTech podcast or reading the accompanying transcript, you can claim up to 0.5 hours towards the CII member CPD scheme.
The Learning Objectives for this podcast are:
- List some of the latest technological practices being implemented by leading insurance companies
- Explain the process of a compound interest investment and its benefits
- Summarise the key performance indicators observed for insurtech companies trading on the public markets
If your organisation is a member of InsTech and you would like to receive a quarterly summary of the CPD hours you have earned, visit the Episode 194 page of the InsTech website or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you have listened to this podcast.
To help us measure the impact of the learning, we would be grateful if you would take a minute to complete a quick feedback survey.