Manage episode 328566835 series 98928
If you’ve ever wanted to find greater freedom and peace, then do we have the Daily Reflection on Addiction, Yoga, and getting well show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Rolf Gates, the author of Meditations from the Mat and Meditations on Intention and Being, a former social worker and US Airborne Ranger, the co-founder of the Yoga and Recovery Conference, and the author of an incredibly beautiful, peaceful, life-healing work, Daily Reflections on Addiction, Yoga, and Getting Well.
We’ll talk all about getting well, getting free, and finding inner peace even if the world is spinning all around.
Key Points Discussed:
- How did Rolf become anxious from his first memory forward?
- How’d he end up sitting at the back of the class?
- How’d he end up with an addiction? And how’d he become an Airborne Ranger?
- Who took him to his first 12-step meeting and what did he learn?
- What does it mean to surrender?
- What did his mentor Henry teach him
- What’s the groove between training and success?
- What’s the importance of commitment?
- What it means to get good at something?
- How can learning be an excitement and a win?
- How we can relax tension in our bodies and our lives?
- How we can let go of suffering in our bodies?
- How to bring ease and stillness to your mind?
- What it means to be held by your truth?
- What does it mean to be an open-hearted warrior?
- What does it mean to let go of the fight and let things be?
- How we can use the power of prayer?
- What does it mean to remember the grace?
- What’s the importance of silence?
- What does it mean to meet pain with compassion?
- What’s the gentleness we have to learn about our own learning process?
- What does resolve mean and how do we use it?
- What it means to rest in the present moment?
To find out more visit:
- https://amzn.to/3qULECz - Order Michael Sandler's book, "AWE, the Automatic Writing Experience"
Follow Michael and Jessica’s exciting journey and get even more great tools, tips, and behind-the-scenes access. Go to https://www.patreon.com/inspirenation
For free meditations, weekly tips, stories, and similar shows visit: https://inspirenationshow.com/
We’ve got NEW Merch! - https://teespring.com/stores/inspire-nation-store
Follow Inspire Nation, and the lives of Michael and Jessica, on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/InspireNationLive/
Find us on TikTok - https://www.tiktok.com/@inspirenationshow