Manage episode 270467958 series 2623759
Welcome to the Inside: Sales Enablement Podcast Episode 54
System thinking is a disciplined way of understanding dynamic relationships. It's an approach that enables you to make better choices and avoid unintended consequences. In this episode, we talk with Dr. Jerry Brightman, who teaches courses on systems thinking at Harvard University.
The guys talk with Jerry to unpack a real-world example to understand the components and repeatable approaches to viewing the commercial system as an integrated system of people, processes, technology, and capabilities.
In this episode:
- The definition of systems thinking
- The difference between managing and leadership
- The pros and cons of systems thinking
- The importance of short-term wins in service of the broader solution
- The best way to prioritize action in the day-to-day