Season 1 finale: we are in New City Hall! With guests Peter Fortune and Emma Best we discuss ULEZ, car ownership, stop & search, junk food ad ban, plus Assembly work on apprentices, the gig economy, SW London transport, and the many irons in the fire.
Manage episode 323665395 series 2928450
Neil Garratt AM and Nick Rogers AM are joined by our colleagues Peter Fortune AM and Emma Best AM for our end of season special. Inside City Hall will return for the next civic year in May.
In this episode:
- We are finally in the new City Hall! But it's still not quite right...
- Neil's Economy Ctte reports on Apprenticeships and the gig economy
- Nick's report on SW London transport, fabulously entitled Spagetti South-Western: untangling transport in south west London.
- Peter's attempts to get straight answers from the Mayor about whether low-income Londoners own cars.
- Emma quizzed the Mayor about stop and search, which is becoming less effective at finding knives, and "scan and search": a technology that was trialled but the results mysteriously lost.
- Nick's ongoing work on LGBT domestic violence, quizzing the Mayor to take it more seriously and Nick's report.
- Neil points out to the Mayor that TfL and Croydon Tramlink are being prosecuted for failings leading to the fatal crash in 2016, and asks if he'll stop being an unhelpful obstruction. (covered in more detail in season 1 episode 6, July 2021)
- What we're working on during the quiet pre-election period for coming civic year.
Thank you for listening in our first year, join us in May for a new civic year in City Hall and a new season of scrutiny and discussion on the Inside City Hall podcast!