Manage episode 281607216 series 1292239
More than any other topic, we're constantly getting questions about paint -- how to pick it the right one? What are the best colors? Which finish to use? We're answering all of your questions with today's guest, interior designer Fran Keenan. We're big fans of Fran's work, and she was a guest on episode 83. She's always picking bold, saturated color in her design work, so we thought she'd be the perfect designer to chat with us about one of the trickiest elements of design, paint. In Part 1 of this two part series, we're talking about picking colors.
What You'll Hear on This Episode:
- We talk about why paint she be the last thing you choose in a room
- Questions you should ask before you pick paint colors like, what is the narrative?
- Paint is the easiest thing to change
- Light is a huge factor in how your paint and your furnishings will appear in your room
- Picking paint when you have a new build
- Testing samples, how many to test and where to test them
- Why paint should be the answer to questions about the tempo and vibe of your room
- What it means for a paint to have 'age'
- Should all of your paint colors across your house look good together?
- We'll cover more paint FAQs and more in next week's episode
- We talk a lot about 'nuance' and what that means in paint