Manage episode 330261879 series 2968341
Menopause is a natural component of aging, and it can potentially hasten the process, so what should we do to age gracefully? Dr. Michelle Thompson educates us on how to embrace menopause positively and the importance of lifestyle medicine in boosting our body in preventing the aging process. Stay tuned to learn what to do and what not to do on your journey to age happily!
Key takeaways to listen for
- How to recognize the early signs of menopause
- Menopause: Definition, stages, and symptoms
- Why do women from lower socio-economic backgrounds face early menopause?
- Best foods for women around menopause
- Practical tips to help alleviate the symptoms of menopause
- How yoga can help you manage menopause
Resources mentioned in this episode
- 125: Going Om with Sound Therapy | Dr. Michelle Thompson
- Apollo Neuro
- 168: How Women Can Prioritize Self-Care by Getting Enough Sleep with Dr. Cindy Geyer
- Mindful Eating with Dr. Michelle Thompson: Decoding Obesity Podcast
- Women in Wellness with Tiffany Cruikshank - Yoga Medicine
About Dr. Michelle Thompson
Medical Director, UPMC Well-being and Lifestyle Medicine Center Dr. Michelle Thompson DO, AOBFP, ABOIM, DipABLM, FACLM triple board certified in lifestyle, integrative, and osteopathic family medicine incorporating culinary medicine and mind-body skills into her patient care along with teaching medical students, interns, residents, and attendings at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center where she has been employed since 2006. She has served as Chair of Medicine and is currently Vice Chief of Staff for UPMC Horizon and Jameson.
Dr. Thompson was featured in the New York Times for her work on physician burnout, the workshops she has created, and mind-body skills groups for physicians. She was featured in the recent documentary Going Om discussing the health benefits of sound therapy as a tool in healing.
Connect with Dr. Michelle
- Website: Whole Hearted Medicine
- Instagram: @mtyogidoc
- Facebook: Dr. Michelle Thompson
- YouTube: be well therapies
- LinkedIn: Michelle Thompson-Olson
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All the show notes for our episodes are located on our podcast website:
Connect with Us
Website: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
YouTube channel: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
Subscribe to our newsletter: Our Newsletter
Leave us a message: Speak Pipe Voicemail
Follow Us on Our Social Media Channels:
- Facebook Group: Maya's Group