Manage episode 323605103 series 2968341
Cardiovascular disease is the primary cause of death worldwide, so Dr. Akil Taher will take us through his experiences and challenges with heart diseases and the impact of healthy diets in preventing and recovering from various chronic illnesses.
Key takeaways to listen for
- Poor stress management: Causes and consequences to your health
- Powerful ways to turn setbacks into healthier opportunities
- Top harmful foods to avoid for a healthier diet
- How to overcome the challenges of adopting a plant-based diet
- Risk factors increasing heart attacks for South Asians
- 6 pillars to long-term health and overall wellness
Resources mentioned in this episode.
- South Asians' high risk of cardiovascular disease has been hidden by a lack of data
- OPEN HEART: The Transformational Journey of a Doctor Who ⏐Paperback and Kindle
- Forks Over Knives - DVD; Blu-ray; Prime Video
About Dr. Akil Taher
Akil Taher, MD, is a practicing physician living in Atlanta, GA. He was raised in Mumbai, India, and trained in family medicine at the Flower Hospital in Sylvania, Ohio.
Dr. Taher is an eternal optimist, explorer, and adventurer who, in 2010, at the age of sixty-one, dramatically altered the conventional script adopted by most bypass surgery patients by undertaking a mountaineering trek to Mount Kailash in Tibet. This was a year after his open-heart surgery.
Over the last decade, he has overcome acute and chronic medical ailments by transforming his mind, body, and spirit by adopting a plant-based diet, practicing yoga and meditation, regular exercise, and developing a positive and purpose-driven mindset.
Dr. Taher is also a speaker focused on spreading the message of a heart-healthy lifestyle. Open Heart is his first book, and it chronicles his exploits since his heart surgery. He is happily married and has two children and an adorable grandson.
Connect with Dr. Taher
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: akiltaher.com
- Facebook: Akil Taher, M.D.
- YouTube: Akil Taher, M.D.
- LinkedIn: Akil Taher, M.D.
All the show notes for our episodes are located on our podcast website:
Connect with Us
Website: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
YouTube channel: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
Subscribe to our newsletter: Our Newsletter
Leave us a message: Speak Pipe Voicemail
Follow Us on Our Social Media Channels:Support the show