Manage episode 322392344 series 2968341
Whether you're a male or a female, it's crucial to take charge of your health. However, women face more health risks than men, so what are these potential risks, and how can we avoid them? Dr. Michelle Tollefson joins us today to talk about menopause, sexual health, breast cancer, and so much more!
Check out this episode to discover more about Women's Health Across the Lifespan!
Key takeaways to listen for
- What are the risk factors for cancer and how can you avoid them?
- Why women fear to get a breast CA screening
- Tips to decrease chemotherapy-related fatigue
- Impacts of embracing healthy lifestyle behaviors
- Why sexual health is important part of overall health
- Practical strategies to incorporate healthy lifestyle behaviors in our life
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Improving Women's Health Across the Lifespan
- PAVING the Path to Wellness Workbook
- American Institute for Cancer Research
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine
About Dr. Michelle Tollefson
Michelle Tollefson, MD, FACOG, DipABLM, FACLM, is an obstetrician gynecologist in Denver, CO, and a Professor in the Health Professions Department at Metropolitan State University of Denver where she created and oversees the Lifestyle Medicine Program and the Wellness Coaching and Lifestyle Medicine Pathway.
She founded and co-chairs the ACLM Women’s Health Member Interest Group as well as the Pre-Professional Lifestyle Medicine Education Member Interest Group. She serves as the ACLM Board Secretary and serves on the Education and Membership Committees.
She is the editor-in-chief of Improving Women’s Health Across the Lifespan , an international speaker, women’s health consultant, leads PAVING the Path to Wellness groups, and recently co-authored the PAVING the Path to Wellness Workbook with lead author Dr. Beth Frates and Dr. Amy Comander.
She is a breast cancer survivor and thriver through the power of lifestyle medicine and enjoys spending time in the Colorado outdoors with her husband and three children.
Connect with Dr. Michelle Tollefson
Connect with Us
Website: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
YouTube channel: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
Podcast: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions Podcast
Follow Us on Our Social Media Channels:
- Facebook Group: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
- Instagram: @maya_hls_podcast
- Twitter: @Maya_HLSpodcast
- Podinbox: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions