Manage episode 325907212 series 2891514
GHIT 0324: Race Review – AER at PittRace Team Review
The team from the Skunk Oil Racing team finally convenes to review our recent AER race at PittRace. It was many of our teams first ever AER event. The team performed well on Saturday and finished P2 in our class. Sunday, we performed similarly but our fellow racers had a bit more good fortune, and we ended the day in P4, almost a two-podium weekend. This was recorded right after we all returned from the race and the post-race hangover was clear. Even our internet connection was taken down by a power outage so there is a discussion discontinuity about 20 minutes into the episode. It was a great weekend with all the teams at the event and we want to thank AER and everyone at PittRace for another great event. This is a relatively new team and the E36 BMW 3 series that we are still shaking down after our less than stellar start with Lucky Dog about 4-5 weeks ago.
A link to the episode is: https://tinyurl.com/2022PittRaceAERpart3
If you would like to help grow our sport and this podcast:
You can subscribe to our podcast on the podcast provider of your choice, including the Apple podcast app, Google music, Amazon, and YouTube etc.
Also, if you could give our podcast a (5-star?) rating, that we would appreciate that very much. Even better, a podcast review, would help us to grow the passion and sport of high performance driving and we would appreciate it.
We hope you enjoy this episode!
PS If you are looking to stream or save your integrated telemetry/racing data with you video, Candelaria Racing Products Sentinel System may be the perfect solution for you. We are in the midst of installing the system in two of our cars. If this sounds like something that may help you and your team, please use our discount code "GHIT" for a 10% discount code to all our listeners during the checkout process at https://candelaria-racing.com/
PS2 Please do not forget that if you are looking to add an Apex Pro to your driving telemetry system, do not forget to use our discount code for all Apex Pro systems you will receive a free Windshield Suction Cup Mount for the system, a savings of $40. Just enter the code “ghitlikesapex!” when you order from https://apextrackcoach.com/
Vicki, Jennifer, Alan, and Bill
Hosts of the Garage Heroes In Training Podcast and Garage Heroes In Training racing team drivers
Highlights for this episode include:
1) The prepping of the car for the race after our last one with Lucky Dog at CMP. What we did well, what we forgot to bring, and a whole lot more.
2) The team’s impression of AER and how our car fit into the field overall and our class. We would love to have a few of the teams that normally run in the AER series on the podcast and discuss their experience within the series.
3) How our pit lane “strategies” diverged from several of the neighboring teams on pit road. Think Formula 1/Indy car/IMSA levels vs our loving version of the Benny Hill show.
4) What we are doing to try to do to run the same car the next weekend again at PittRace.
5) Axle Gate (both the BMW and the enclosed trailer) and Seat Gate jokes abound
6) Much like the following weekend, it snowed again on Sunday. We are beginning to think that we did something to the PittRace area.
7) Vicki has a bad series of defenses of the met half way plan. The pre-race hangover is apparently a new thing.
8) While it sounds like we were a total circus all weekend, we actually did fairly well. Further evidence that “You too can go racing”
9) Don’t miss Ryan singing. It is worth the wait.
10) Don’t worry about the police sirens at about 1hour 15 minutes in, they weren’t for us. No seriously, not us this time.