Manage episode 376732898 series 2534342
This episode of Force Toast was recorded during the 2023 WGA and SAG-AFTRA strikes. The projects discussed in this episode would not exist were it not for the hard work of the writers and actors currently on strike. We stand in solidarity with the guilds fighting for higher compensation from streaming and protections against the encroachment of artificial intelligence. Support the striking guilds here and here.
In Episode 103, hosts Alyce and Laura have* an unusual amount of food and d*ck talk. But fear not, there’s Star Wars stuff here too!
- That’s a nice platter of shrimp you’ve got there. It’d be a shame if someone undercooked the sh*t out of it before serving it to you.
- Everything new is actually old, including that Ahsoka featurette that came out Sept 8
- Alas, Skeleton Crew has been delayed, allegedly (via Bespin Bulletin). Next time, we’re placing bets in Vegas for our predictions.
- Is Mando Season 3 coming to home video/DVD/blu-ray/fancy physical format in 2024?
- A new Star Wars fan favorite character is coming to Disneyland!
- The Jedi Council but make it a Christmas carol. That’s what the new Star Wars novel is going to be about (not really).
- With enough time and audacity, you too can turn your love of our nerdy space war fandom into sh*tty looking desserts (via starwars.com)
- Recap on Tap: initial spoiler-free thoughts on Tales of Light & Life and From a Certain Point of View: Return of the Jedi, then it’s on to Ahsoka! Fair warning: our recap and review of episodes 3 and 4 of Ahsoka include spoilers
- A really nice note from listener Michael Baysinger and an update on Limb Watch 2023!
Helpful links referenced in this episode:
- Alyce joins David Humphreys to discuss What Star Wars Means To You! Find it on Apple and Spotify
- Laura, Kevin Smets and John Rocha review Ahsoka episode 3: Time to Fly and episode 4: Fallen Jedi on The Jedi Way
*This podcast contains a sh!t ton of profanity and boozin. You can find a bleeped version of this podcast absolutely nowhere. Cheers!