Manage episode 315579300 series 2917040
It is no secret that the labor market is going through some big changes. That being said, it is more important now than ever for small businesses to start taking this more seriously so they can recruit and retain their employees. That’s why episode 35 of Female Founders Breaking Boundaries is about addressing the question, where are all the workers!?
Have you ever felt like your customers and your team just don't get what it is you're trying to do with your business? Download your free Company Persona Template that we use with clients to get them started with bringing everyone on to the same page. It’s designed to get you and your team thinking about your purpose, your focus and your values; and documenting them so that you can get everybody on the same page.
In this episode of Female Founders Breaking Boundaries, my guest Erin Longmoon shares the importance of adjusting to meet the needs of the current job market and actionable steps you can take right now to find your ideal fit as both an employer and employee. Some of the things Erin and I cover in this episode are:
- How the pandemic has shifted our perception on the importance of work-life balance.
- Debunking the myths circulating around the labor shortage.
- Ways in which businesses can pivot to a more employee-centric environment to appeal more valuable against competitors.
- The #1 important value proposition businesses can offer their employees and how small businesses have the competitive advantage against corporations when it comes to this.
- Addressing the negativity surrounding the current labor market and shifting your mindset to attract the type of employees you want.
- As an employer, protecting yourself against scammers in the hiring process.
The ideal fit is a balance between an employer finding the right employee for them and vice versa; it is a balancing act.
Thanks for listening! Be sure to tune in to all the episodes to receive tons of tools, advice, resources, support, and encouragement that resonates with the modern business woman and to hear even more about the points outlined above.
If you enjoyed this episode, take a screenshot of the episode to share and tag me! And don’t forget to follow, rate and review the podcast and tell me your key takeaways!
Learn more about Female Founders Breaking Boundaries and Casey at https://she-suiteboutique.com/podcast/
CONNECT WITH ERIN LONGMOON:
CONNECT WITH CASEY GROMER: