Manage episode 289823797 series 2532033
Tech SEO fans this episode is for you! If you are curious about what it’s like doing SEO for a site with 70M+ URLs indexed, how to handle challenging issues like migrating millions of URLs across 250,000+ distinct websites, and what it’s like doing SEO in-house for such a gigantic site you’ll definitely want to tune in and take notes.
My guest for this episode is Becky Westmoreland. Becky is currently SEO Director at Fandom where she has successfully led a project of migrating 250,000+ websites with millions of URLs, including many other interesting SEO initiatives. Becky was also formally SEO Manager at E! Online, as well as SEO Manager at Dictionary.com.
In this episode:
- What do site migrations have to do with core updates?
- How do you safely and smoothly migrate 70M+ URLs? The process, tools, and metrics used.
- Signs that Googlebot may ignore your robots.txt file (feature or bug?)
- How the tech SEO team collaborates with other teams
- When and why core web vitals may actually be a big deal for rankings
- A very interesting alternative method for blocking certain content from Google (totally whitehat and effective)
- Subdomains vs subfolders – what’s Becky’s take on this debate?
- And lots more!
Related Episodes You Might Like
- Internal Links, Content Marketing and ASO w/Jackie Chu of Uber
- How to Win at Large Site, In-House SEO w/Kevin Indig
- Large Site, In-House Technical SEO w/Jaime Alberico
Show Agenda and Timestamps
- Coming soon!
- Coming soon!
Articles, Resources, and Links Mentioned
- Coming Soon!
Find Becky Online
The post 121: In-House, Large Scale SEO (Migrations, Crawl Optimization & More) w/Becky Westmoreland appeared first on Evolving SEO.