Manage episode 296796889 series 1260513
Of course you know that you and your partner are not exactly the same. Yet, how often do you expect them to fulfill all of your needs? Or even how often you assume that they should just know or desire to meet your needs?
When you get to a place where you have conflicting needs, this can feel as if you have to sacrifice or be discouraged that your needs won’t be met. When we asked on IG what some of the common conflicting needs for you were, we heard back:
- Togetherness vs separateness
- Physical touch vs quality time
- Time to talk and connect at the end of the day vs quiet time to decompress after working a long day.
- Working vs leading the kids and home
But there are ways, in this case you will hear 5 principles, so that you can work through your conflicting needs together and be sure that you do not have to sacrifice or give up on having your most important needs met in your relationship.
Resources For Your Relationship:
- Register for the FREE Communication Mastery Webclass on July 20th, 2021 right here.
- After that date passes, order our newest book, The Argument Hangover, and get over $200 of free bonus gifts (like the mini course and a 90 minute training)
We’re The Freemans, your go-to couple for authentic and actionable relationship advice. Send us your relationship questions for the show with a DM on Instagram. As you listen to the episode, tag us on an IG story and let us know what you loved.