Manage episode 307526774 series 2858673
Download my FREE job search tracker that was made to help you get organized in your job search so you can obtain the final offer.
Connecting is an extremely important piece to interviews and workplace success. Think of it like this... how would you feel if you worked with someone that you didn't feel comfortable with and there's an awkward sensation? Not very good right?
You might even be inclined to leave. Hiring managers are going to hire those they can connect with the most and of course have the right set of skills for the job.
In this episode we talk about:
1) Informational Interviews. Why they're important!
2) Moving on, easier said than done
3) Pay attention!
A recap of some of the discussion:
- Informational interviews are going to lead to job offers and more connections. Not every single person is going to be someone you connect with or make you feel you know all warm and fuzzy about the call. But there are so many other people that can even work for the company you haven't spoken to yet so you’ll want to make sure you don’t take it personally.
- The next thing is to observe and take action. So observe to find out what works within the relationship. Is there something that you both mutually agree on, could be a common hobby they could see that you're really strong in a system and skill and you remember that really stood out to them and they liked that.
- And finally, you know you’re free to leave the job if you’re really really not comfortable there. It’s better to be in an environment where you feel safe, happy, and not stressed about running into someone.
FIND MELISSA CARVALHO:
connect with me and send me a message over on LinkedIn: CLICK HERE
Optimize your job search with an ATS Friendly Resume Template: CLICK HERt